Summer Time

June 20, 2008

So I decided that July 18th would be my last day of work...summer will officially commence then

A month and a half of vacation time doesn't seem too bad to me and I have a lot of things that I want to do with that time. This could very well be my last vacation (not counting all the holidays) for a long time so doing something is of top priority. Here's a short list:

  1. Take lots of pictures - This is also may be the last time I'll be living in Brooklyn for a while and want a way to document and keep some kind of memory of what my neighborhood and my city is/was like and it'll give me an excuse to just walk around looking at things for no reason.
  2. Build a personal website - I've been wanting to start a photo gallery and do some other stuff online so I finally decided to do it. I'm gonna have to learn some things along the way but it should fun. Here's a preliminary logo:
  3. Get some sort of scholarship - Knowing that there are many opportunities for one out there I've never applied for one...mostly because of the essays and letter of recommendations involved. So, I'm going to take my time and start and finish one of those annoying reflective essays and see what comes of it.
  4. Look for and apply for study-abroad - My school has this really cool study abroad program that's only about a month long to the Netherlands. Being in engineering means you don't usually have any leeway in terms of your schedule but this program actually seems to fit in. It's also really interesting as its goal is to show students the different ways Americans and Europeans handle issues pertaining to traffic, the environment and green building...
We'll see how much, if any, of this stuff I actually get done before school starts up again. Tot ziens!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home