Millions

August 05, 2007

I read this article today in the NY Times about the wealthy in Silicon Valley. They talk about how, to keep their status as millionaires, they have to work 60-70 hour weeks and still don't even consider themselves wealthy.
I, like any good American, have always wanted to be wealthy...or rather at least financially secure. I think it's ingrained in us from an early age that success in life amounts to having that huge house in the suburbs, 2.5 children, money in the bank for the kids education and a retirement in Florida, but what is the actual cost of all these things. Is it worth working your ass off as you watch life pass you by? Though one things that is respectable is the fact that these people really enjoy their jobs and find fulfillment in that, there's a lot to be said for that. At the end of the day though, I would rather enjoy the finer things in life along with my wife, the kids, the dog, the house....but those millions do smell soo good.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey this is Gabe from Lincoln,
If you the least bit interested in how areas of tech/wealth like Silicon Valley originate, you should read a book called "Cities of Knowledge" by O'Mara.

If that's your thing of course.

May 20, 2008 at 8:43:00 PM EDT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home