Check Out
August 03, 2007
I wanted to start off by pointing to all of the links I've put up of some of my favorite sites on the interwebs. I will probably add more as I go on but right now I like these. Let us get into it:
Engadget
This is probably the first blog I ever read and I still follow it religously till this day. It's the definitive source for breaking news on technology and gadgets...obsessing over shiny objects would be a lot harder without it.
Rocketboom
Another first, this was the first vlog/podcast/vidcast/any other names for it I ever saw. Always entertaining for those 5 minutes when you should really be doing something else. Amanda Congdon was awesome but I love (very creepily) Joanne Colan.
The Show with Ze Frank
The best ~1300 minutes I ever spent on the interenet were spent watching Ze give his thoughts on the world and stick a towel between his but cheeks...wait scratch the last one. The smartest most hilarious guy on the internet or I guess was since his internship with the LoA ended...I miss you Ze!
Revision3
Revision3 is a video casting site with great shows for all us freaks and geeks. There're so many shows that there's bound to be something for everyone, but to start off you should watch Diggnation, The Totally Rad Show and back episodes of Geekdrome...awsomeness will surely ensue.
Apparently Nothing,Deceptive Media
I'll group these together because they're both photoblogging sites...oh and I will hopefully be posting some of my pictures on here soon.
I love photography and these are two of my favorite photographers some others that I didn't include are Jon Swainson, 61803, and A Little Piece of the World. Google em, they won't disappoint.
Ask a Ninja
NINJAS > PIRATES nuf said
The 1up Show
I don't get to play nearly as many video games as I'd like to anymore (being sociable gets in the way) that's why i watch this show. It has really good production values and keeps me in the video game know which is the least I can do to keep my nerd cred up.
Wine Library TV
I'm at the ripe old age of 18 and as such am under the legal drinking age of 21, so taking a sip of wine would never pass through my head....uhhm...yea Seriously though, wine is something that I enjoy but don't really know anything about and so I watch this show to get my learning on. It also helps that the host is as crazy as they come and very entertaining to watch. So old man habits: Smoking Cigars:Check, Drinking Wine:Check, Getting Prostate Cancer:Ch..uhhm I hope not :P
Apple
I'm currently running an Apple MacBook Pro 15.4" (2GHz Core Duo, 2GB RAM) and it's easily the best computer I've ever used. Now, I'm not an Apple evangelist (I've never even owned an iPod) but running Mac OSX is an orgasmic experience especially when compared to the disgust one gets when running Windows...but like I said, I'm not an Apple evangelist..heh
Hope this post wasn't too long and boring but it was fun, so I'll keep doing it...
~stay tuned for more~











2 Comments:
i guess i'll have to be a tuned in viewer/reader of sorts...sigh...just kidding
August 10, 2007 at 11:59:00 PM EDT
Gabe again,
You should check out:
BoingBoing.net [/current events, tech, funny]
Evil Mad Labs [/evil mad (fun) science]
Life Hacker [/tech hacks, fun projects]
Cracked [/funny shit, daily]
May 20, 2008 at 8:46:00 PM EDT
Post a Comment
<< Home